What is Omega-3?
The main essential fatty acids in the human diet are omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Foods that provide omega-3 fatty acids include fish oil and certain plant and nut oils, while omega-6 fatty acids can be found in palm, soybean, rapeseed, and sunflower oils. Omega-3 fatty acids are thought to provide a wide range of health benefits, including a lower risk of coronary heart disease and improvement in cholesterol. There have also been promising results from studies looking at omega-3 for cancer, depression, and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Due to these potential health benefits, fish oil, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, has become a popular supplement.
Fish oil contains two omega-3 fatty acids called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Phospholipids are considered to be the most bioavailable form of DHA. There is evidence that recommended amounts of DHA and EPA, taken as fish or fish oil supplements, may lower triglycerides and reduce the risk of heart attack, abnormal heartbeat, and stroke in people who have heart disorders. DHA and EPA may also benefit people who have hardening of the arteries or high blood pressure.
Why use Andorra Life’s Caviar Omega?
Andorra Life’s Caviar Omega is the most potent Omega-3 phosphocholine and phospholipid product available on the market today.
Phosphocholine or phosphatidylcholine is also known as lecithin. phosphatidylcholine is sometimes used interchangeably with lecithin, although the two are different. Choline is a component of phosphatidylcholine, which is a component of lecithin. Although closely related, these terms are not the same.
Because the body uses phosphatidylcholine to make a brain chemical called acetylcholine, phosphatidylcholine is also used for treating “brain-centered” conditions such as memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, anxiety, manic-depressive disorders, and a movement disorder called tardive dyskinesia.
Phosphatidylcholine is also used for treating hepatitis, eczema, gallbladder disease, circulation problems, high cholesterol, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS); for improving the effectiveness of kidney dialysis; for boosting the immune system; and for preventing aging. In beauty industry, phosphatidylcholine has been used as the primary active ingredient contained in cosmetic injection products used to “dissolve” fat.
Phospholipids are essential molecules that are found in cellular membranes. Two important phospholipids are phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylserine. A cell in the human body cannot function normally without these two crucial phospholipids. As the name implies, phospholipids are made of the combination of lipids (fats) and the mineral phosphorus. Like omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids are important for optimal brain health. Phospholipids are found in high concentrations in the lining of practically every cell of the body, including brain cells. They help brain cells communicate and influence how well receptors function.
Caviar Omega Supplement Ingredients:
- Vertkin AL,Martynov IV, Bikbov TM, Zharov EI, Popova IM, Svetova IuB, Vasiagin AI, Shafranskiĭ IuA, Zolina VI, Martynov AI.; Use of food products containing polyunsaturated fatty acids of the omega-3 group in patients with disorders of lipid metabolism. [Article in Russian]; 1991 Jun; 31(6):59-61.
- Engström K,Wallin R, Saldeen T.; Effects of Scandinavian caviar paste enriched with a stable fish oil on plasma phospholipid fatty acids and lipid peroxidation.; Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003 Sep; 57(9): 1052-9.
- Zanetti M,Grillo A, Losurdo P, Panizon E, Mearelli F, Cattin L, Barazzoni R, Carretta R.; Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids: Structural and Functional Effects on the Vascular Wall.; Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:791978. doi: 10.1155/2015/791978. Epub 2015 Aug 2.
- Christensen KY,Thompson BA, Werner M, Malecki K, Imm P, Anderson HA.; Levels of nutrients in relation to fish consumption among older male anglers in Wisconsin.; Environ Res. 2015 Aug 18;142:ER15710. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2015.08.005.
- Thomas J,Thomas CJ, Radcliffe J, Itsiopoulos C.; Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Early Prevention of Inflammatory Neurodegenerative Disease: A Focus on Alzheimer’s Disease.; Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:172801. doi: 10.1155/2015/172801. Epub 2015 Aug 2.